- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Social Media Election Survey Results to be Released January 17
Natinoal Press Club Presentation
January 11, 2013
WASHINGTON – The George Washington University’s Graduate School of Political Management (GSPM) and ORI will release of The 2012 Social Media Election Survey results at the National Press Club on Thursday, January 17, beginning at 8:30 a.m.
This groundbreaking survey explores the role and influence of social media in informing and shaping the public’s perspective including:
• How social media was used to learn about the candidates and issues;
• The extent to which the public engaged in discussion about politics on their networks;
• The perceived value of social media relative to other sources of information about the election;
• The portrayal of the candidates on social media;
• How effectively the candidates engaged with the public through social media;
A panel of social media and political experts will discuss the findings and their implications for decision makers in 2013:
Presenters: John Kagia, director, Strategy & Insight, ORI; and Dr. David Rehr, professor, GSPM
Panelists: Dave Leichtman, vice president, Services and Support, Salsa Labs; Nathan Daschle, C.E.O. Ruckus, former executive director, Democratic Governors Association; Jonathan Collegio, communications director, Crossroads GPS.
To register to attend or to schedule an interview, please contact John Brandt at GSPM.