- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
Candidates and Correspondents from Campaign 2016 to Discuss Fake News in Forum at GW
April 20, 2017
Jason Shevrin: firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-994-5631
Tim Pierce: email@example.com, 202-994-5647
Prominent political journalists will join an independent candidate for vice president and the head of an influential women’s political group at the George Washington University to discuss the fake news trend in last year’s election and how it can be confronted moving forward. The event, titled “Fake News: Spotting Facts & Stopping Fiction,” is part of the GW Graduate School of Political Management’s annual Paul O’Dwyer Lecture Series. The event will include a question-and-answer session.
- Major Garrett, chief White House correspondent, CBS News
- Sopan Deb, culture reporter, The New York Times; former Trump campaign reporter for CBS News
- Mindy Finn, former U.S. vice presidential candidate; founder of Empowered Women
- Stephanie Schriock, president, Emily's List
- Lara Brown, interim director, GW Graduate School of Political Management
Wednesday, April 26, 2017; 6-8 p.m.
The George Washington University
Media and Public Affairs Building
Jack Morton Auditorium (ground floor)
805 21st St., NW
Foggy Bottom-GWU Metro (Blue, Orange and Silver lines)
Media interested in attending must contact Jason Shevrin at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-994-5631.